Chair, LGBTQ+ Studies at City College of San Francisco
Victorian Monstrosities: Sexuality, Race, and the Construction of the Imperial Self, 1811-1924
1) Introduction to Transgender Studies (forthcoming from Harrington Park Press/Columbia University Press), 2018.
2) Transgender: A Reference Text (forthcoming from ABC-CLIO Press and co-authored with Dr. Aaron Devor of the UVic Transgender Archives), 2019.
3) Queer Others in Victorian Gothic: Transgressing Monstrosity. University of Wales Press (Chicago University Press), 2012.
Invited editor for Victorian Review - Special Issue entitled Trans Victorians forthcoming in 2019.
- "'That Dreadful Thing That Looked Like A Beautiful Girl': Trans Anxiety/Trans Possibility in Three Late Victorian Werewolf Tales." in Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature, Transgothic in Literature and Culture, edited by Jolene Zigarovich. 2017.
- "'What am I, I wonder? Perhaps something new in the world’”: Sodomy and Transmasculinity in C.J. Sansom’s Heartstone. In Textus: Culture Issue, “Narratives of Gender, Sexuality and Embodiment in Modern and Contemporary English Culture,” Silvia Antosa and Joseph Bristow (eds.), 2016. [p. 121-142. 22 pp].
- "Keeping An Eye On Me’: Queer Specters”. In The Routledge Handbook to the Ghost Story, Scott Brewster and Luke Thurston (eds.), Routledge Press, 2017.
- "Queer American Gothic.” In The Cambridge Companion to the American Gothic, Jeffrey Weinstock (ed.), Cambridge UP, 2017.
- "Queering the Female Gothic.” In The Edinburgh Companion to Women and the Gothic, Sue Zlosnik and Avril Horner (eds.), Edinburgh UP, 2016. [p. 169-183. 15 p.]
- "Those Most Intimately Concerned’: The Strength of Chosen Family in Elizabeth Gaskell’s Gothic Short Fiction.” In Gothic Kinships, Sue Zlosnik and Agnes Andeweg (eds.), Manchester UP, 2013. [p. 30-47. 18 p.]